Monday, August 18, 2008

08/18/08-Getting ready to Head Out

As I write this a million things are rushing through my head. It doesn't surprise me since tomorrow I'm leaving for Europe. I've been looking forward to this trip for over a year now and now that it's here it's mind-boggling. While I know I'll have a great time exploring areas I've dreamed of seeing I also know that this trip is going to be one of the biggest trials I've ever gone through.

While I'm on the road I'm going to be continuing my classes online, writing journal entries on this blog, and doing quite a bit of sightseeing. Since in the past I haven't been very good at managing time, I'm more than a little nervous about my schoolwork, especially since I'll be taking AP US History on the road with me.

Another thing I know I'll end up having issues with is getting along with my grandparents Ahmee and Poppy. Everyone gets on each other’s nerves whenever they've spent a large amount of time together and I'm afraid that my grandparents don't realize how goofy and "crazy" I can be. Well, we'll be learning a lot about each other on this trip.

Actually I think it'd be safe to say that we'll be learning a lot period on this trip. I've told my friends to expect me to come back looking like an alien. My brain will be so full it will enlarge my skull! Maybe this will turn out to be true maybe not....

1 comment:

MamaLlama said...

Hi Rachel! It was great to see you this AM! By now you are on a flight to Shannon, Ireland! How I'd like to be going along! Enjoy Ireland. For each post-how about five sentences in Spanish and then the rest in English. Hang in there and enjoy!
Srta!