Tuesday, December 2, 2008

11/28/08 Malaga's IKEA store

Para la casa necesito muchas cosas. Una cosa yo necesito en la casa, o en el servicio, es una toilet. Un otro cosa mucha personas necesitan en una casa es un television.

This day we really did go to the IKEA store. Ahmee had first introduced me to IKEA through the magazine, which I'd taken with me to my Dad's house as a "source of inspiration". The thing about IKEA is that it is pretty much the Walmart of interior. It is so easy to find furniture (most if it I like), sheets, kitchen utensils, curtains, fabrics, etc.. Since I adore Lowe's and Pier 1 it's no surprise to me that I love the IKEA store. It's got furniture that can be easily incorporated, is cheap, and is even cheaper if you put it together yourself (something that I'd be all over if I were shopping for furniture). This was one of those days where we were just going to browse and educate our tastes, something I'll never get tired of.

Before we got to the IKEA store we ate breakfast, got dressed, and got to find our way to the shopping district of Malaga. We'd seen the IKEA store from the highway twice, the second time we saw it Ahmee made a note of when a person would need to get off in order to go see it (I was busy writing). She got us to the IKEA store with no problem whatsoever.

While in the IKEA store we spent literal hours walking around in the galleries where they showed their furniture and their accessories. They had a living room section, a kitchen section, a home office, a library section (oooooooooooooh), a bedroom section, and a kids room section. Each of these sections contained examples of living rooms, kitchens, everything (but bathrooms). Some of the best ones were where they did a whole house. They had three to four rooms in this house and they used their furniture wisely because it was an apartment-sized home (small but in this case comfortable).

I found plenty of little inspirations while walking around. It's a shame we had to rush through the downstairs where all the accessories where (we were all getting hungry).

We left the IKEA store at about 2-3 o clock in the afternoon and as soon as we got through the traffic and back to our room we ate leftovers from Thanksgiving all put together in a soup. During lunch we talked about the things we liked about the displays, the furniture we liked in particular (my favorite pieces had to be the bookshelves), and what we thought we could pull off. After lunch Ahmee and Poppy went through all of our pretties to make a list and to put a price on each thing. While they separated my things from their things and recorded just how much I owed them (less than 300 dollars-I've made more than that working over the summer) I wrote on the computer. Since I was feeling particularly chatty/artistic I wrote a fair amount.

We ate dinner and watched CNN to check up on the situation in India before we went to bed.

No comments: