Sunday, October 19, 2008

10/17/08 We Don't go into Rome Due to a Strike

Viajamos en la coche para mucha la dia. Cuando nosotros no viajamos nosotros comemos y bebemos en una restaurant y vamos en la hotel. La hotel es en la playa. Me gusta mucho el mar. Es tranquil para mi, y me no enojo todo la dia.

The news that there was a workers strike going on in Rome (traffic systems) wasn't surprising, we'd seen it in a newspaper. The news that my old email was no longer working was. When we got on the road to head farther south I cried in the car a bit. I was extremely grateful that Ahmee and Poppy didn't bring up the subject, and even more grateful that Poppy lent me his hanky.

I worked while on the road, but this work was very difficult to do because I was continuously thinking about other things. Let's just say, I didn't get very far in my work until after I'd had a really good cry.

I worked on my blogs, typing the good times and for the time being forgetting the bad ones. When I got pulled away from my work I was asked to help find a hotel. We'd made it to the beach, to the Mediterranean. We ended up following the signs to a great 4 star resort that was on a peninsula off the coast in Sabaudia ( Mussolini had the town build as part of his attempt to drain the marshland around Rome). The name of this hotel was Oasi di Kufra (Oasis of something neither Ahmee or I know). We got an apartment that opens right up onto the beach.

The instant I stepped on the beach I felt immensely better. I wasn't sad, I wasn't angry, and I wasn't thinking murderous thoughts. After we moved our things in and got lunch in town (got rained on and once we got back I worked some more in the room) I joined Ahmee and Poppy outside for the remainder of the evening. I put on my swimsuit, built a drip sand castle, played in the waves (got completely soaked as I body-surfed), and I searched for shells. Before we all settled into our lounge chairs to watch the sun go down we went for a walk along the beach, chuckled at the girls who screamed at the water (everyone was saying it was cold-I thought it was colder out of the water than in it, oh btw, once I got out in the water up to my belly button and higher I could see all the way to the bottom and the loose sponges and sea weeds rolling along on the floor there). I've always loved the ocean, the sea was no different. It was my litteral happy pill.

Once the sun had settled behind the horizon we went off to find the restaurants down the coast. There we ate delicious food and wondered if the dinner in the hotel would require us to dress up.

After a delicious dinner we headed back to the hotel where I got on the computer in the lobby (it's free, I'm going to use it) to check email and to respond to anything my Momma had sent. I told her that the simple action of pulling up Ahmee and Poppy's email infuriated me. It was true, even though I was in the one place that calmed me the most and made me most happy that action made me grumpy in less than a minute. I need to point out that my Momma feels she's doing this for my own good. The issue is between her and me, and I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO SAY ANYTHING TO MY MOMMA ABOUT THE SUBJECT. I WRITE THESE THINGS I THIS BLOG SIMPLY BECAUSE WITHOUT IT THINGS WOULD BE VERY CONFUSING.

We left the lobby to go back to the room where I planned on working some more. I didn't realize how tired I was until I stretched out on the bed and started dozing off as I typed. Needless to say, I closed up the computer earlier than I had planned and went to bed with the noises from the neighbors in the background.


No comments: